Friday, February 22, 2013

Thundarr the Barbarian





LORDS OF LIGHT! DEMON DOGS!

Do you remember those catchphrases? If so, you must a fan of the awesome 80s cartoon, Thundarr the Barbarian. 
This post-apocalypic animated show for kids featured Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel surviving in a world of "savagery, super-science, and sorcery." Like I said: AWESOME. 

When the show was released on DVD last year, I was happy to finally own this piece of animated nostalgia. I present to you this poster as an inspired homage to America's favorite post-apocalypse barbarian. 

4 comments:

  1. Very cool indeed! I really like how the shading on the girl goes right down the middle and defines her legs. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff. I'm happy with how this one turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, Brad! I'm gonna have to have a print of this one too! Heck, I'll take one of BF and DM too and make it a set! This is epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Travis. I appreciate it. I'll have to get some prints made.

    ReplyDelete