Monday, October 4, 2010

24 Hour Comic EPIC FAIL: Part 1

Well, another 24 Hour Comic Day has come and gone. Unfortunately, this year I did not successfully meet the challenge. I was looking forward to this day all year. So when October 2 finally arrived, I was ready. I got up early Saturday morning, ate some breakfast, took a shower and prepared to knock out a comic book within the span of 24 hours. I plopped down in front of my Wacom tablet and iMac eager to go to work. Then, it hit me: writer's block.

The first hour passed. Nothing. The second and third. Still nothing. I got up. Took a break. Sat back down. Nothing. Ate lunch. Watched a little TV. Sat back down. NOTHING. You get the idea. This went on all day until about 11 pm and I gave up. I woke up early Sunday morning and decided to take another crack at it. I figured maybe I could do a 12 hour, 12 page comic. That didn't happen either. I got about 6 pages done and called it quits.

I won't lie. I'm bummed that I didn't meet the challenge. Do I regret it? Hell, no. In fact, I can't wait til next year. So without further ado, here's my 2010 24 Hour Comic attempt. I'm gonna post a page per day, so check back each day to read the next page. I didn't finish the story. One of these days, I will. I'd like to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment