Saturday, February 27, 2010

Comic Jam

This is a jam comic made by me and three other local cartoonists. We've decided that we are going to start meeting every month to discuss and share our work. These meetings are a blast for me. It's great to talk about cartooning as an art form with a group of dedicated, passionate artists. It's not all business. We have a few laughs as well. I feel like I should introduce these guys as well as comment on our newest jam comic here:

Panel #1: By Brad Campbell. I volunteered to start this time. Usually when I'm sketching, I have no problem coming up with something off the top of my head. Whenever I'm surrounded by these other great artists, I get all nervous for some reason. I decided to go with my strong suit and do something with a cartoon dog.

Panel #2: By Travis Eck. I laughed my ass off when I saw this second panel. There's something about the abrupt shift from a cartoon dog to a hideous beast that cracks me up. Travis does excellent work which can be found at www.ecksdesign.com.

Panel #3: By Jeremy Johnson. Jeremy introduces a second monster into the mix. I love Jeremy's style. It has a great energy. You can find more of Jeremy's art at www.toomasooba.com.

Panel #4: By Jeff Welborn. This is my favorite panel. It's a happy ending for both the dog AND the monsters. The art in this panel is gorgeous. I love Jeff's art and you should too. Check it out here. www.jeffwelbornart.com

I think the coolest thing about this jam comic is that we all drew in our unique styles and it STILL looks consistent. That's pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that you and Travis wanted to KILL ME! To make room for an future members! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make it up to you by serving Chee-tos at the next meeting. ZING!

    ReplyDelete