Saturday, January 30, 2010

Handy-Capped





I am not very handy around the house. Unlike the guy in the drawing, I don't need a manual to screw in a light bulb. I can turn a screw and drive a nail, but beyond that I'm pretty much lost around a toolbox. On this illustration, I used a different approach. First, I did the pencil drawing using very clean lines. Next instead of inking, I scanned in the pencils, cleaned it up in Photoshop and colored it. By scanning in my pencil art, it retained some of the freshness and energy of the sketchy pencil lines. Click on the pencil sketch to see a larger version and you can see the sketchy line quality.


Bonus sketch: I recently found the original sketch for this illustration in one of my mini-sketchbooks in my office. I often will draw a sketch and flip it when I do the final illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment