Thursday, September 16, 2010

24 Hour Comic: Page 4

Typically, when one cartoonist parodies another cartoonists' character(s), he/she will include the phrase "Apologies to (insert name here)." This is usually done for legal reasons, but more importantly, it's done to pay homage to the cartoonist who is being parodied.

The characters featured are (in order): Cathy by Cathy Guisewite, Olive Oyl by E.C. Segar, Arlene by Jim Davis and Broom Hilda by Russell Myers. I thought it was a nice touch using the "apologies" to censor the ladies. Once again, I extend apologies to everyone.

Creator Commentary: This entire 24 Hour Comic was completely hand-crafted. For example, all the characters were drawn free hand using reference (no tracing). I did use fonts for the typography, but I printed each blurb of dialogue out on paper and PASTED IT ONTO THE ORIGINAL ARTWORK. It's no wonder why I didn't finish this 24 Hour Comic in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment