Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave ... with a box of scraps!"

Today I'm going to see Iron Man 2. I'm especially excited because I'm going to Dallas to watch it in IMAX. To get in the mood for Iron Man 2, I watched the first Iron Man movie again. I absolutely love the all the Iron Man scenes and the final battle between Iron Man and Ironmonger is fucking cool. My favorite "non-Iron Man" scene features Jeff Bridges as Obidiah Stane. I felt inspired, so I drew a quick sketch of that specific scene. I'm posting here on my blog, hoping it will inspire everyone to run out and watch Iron Man 2. Watch the scene that inspired this drawing here.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I think IM2 was a bust. Too much action asking for too much suspension of disbelief. It wasn't a story so much as an action sequence. I truly wanted to love it but couldn't. Read more comments at

    http://www.ddamico.net/wordpress/?p=223

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh. Harsh. It wasn't as good as the first one. I did have problems with the party/hip hop/fight scene. It made me cringe a little. Overall, I liked the movie. Didn't love it. That third act made up for the rest of the movie. It blew me away.

    Also, I was disappointed in Wolverine Origins. It seemed like a TNT movie. Just a run of the mill action movie. Not a comic book movie.

    Good or bad, I love most of these comic book movies that are being made today. I love living in an era where all my comic book heroes are coming to life on the big screen.

    Nice review, David.

    ReplyDelete