Sunday, November 14, 2010

Brad Campbell's 4 After 5 Swag

So, you all know about the upcoming 4 After 5 art exhibit, right? Did you know that the 4 After 5 artists will be selling official merchandise at the show? That's right! So, bring your cash and head on down to the opening reception this Thursday night.

Brad Campbell's 4 After 5 Swag

At long last, I'm very proud to announce my very first Roofus book: Roofus U. The subtitle is Scholasticus Canis which is latin for College Dog. :)


Similar to my Slick book, I decided to make it a digest-sized book. Below is the final cover artwork.

Front and Back Cover of Roofus U

I wanted the cover design to have a collegiate look, so I designed the Roofus U logo in the style of an academic crest as well as incorporating the college plaid pattern. 

   Roofus U Page Layout

I printed the interior pages of the book on my own laser printer. The layout consisted of three pages on one legal size sheet of paper with one Roofus strip on each page. Once all the pages and cover were printed, I delivered them to the local printer, Insty Prints, where they trimmed and perfect bound the books. I did a very small print run of 36 books. It looks VERY professional and I'm very proud it.

Remember, Roofus U will be for sale at the 4 After 5 opening reception, Thursday, November 18, at coolspace@artspace from 5 - 8 pm. I may have some Roofus stickers and bookmarks available at the show as well. 

PLUS, there will be 4 framed Roofus giclees hanging in the show which are also for sale.
For those not in the know, a giclee is a high-quality print. My Roofus giclees were all printed on canvas  and the quality is AMAZING. Here's a taste:



Above: Detail of a Roofus Giclee featured at the 4 After 5 Art Exhibit

  So come on out to the show...enjoy some Roofus artwork hanging on the walls, buy yourself a Roofus book and you'll also see this:


WHAAAAAT???


That's right! The world's one-and-only Roofus doll will be only display next to my Roofus books at the merchandise table. The doll is not for sale and is for display purposes only. A very, very special thanks to Jo Fountain who was kind enough to lend her time and awesome sewing skills to the Roofus doll. Thanks, Jo! Remember, the ONLY place to see this cute little guy in person is at the 4 After 5 reception this Thursday.

One last thing... 


FINALLY!

To coincide with the 4 After 5 show, I'm officially launching the official Roofus web comic: roofuscomic.com.  The site is a work in progress. I still have to tweak some things and update some of the artwork. I think it's coming along nicely. It's nice to finally have an online home for Roofus. So check it out. Pick up one of these promotional flyers for the site that I'll be giving away at the show.




No comments:

Post a Comment